Firms seeking to join the growing list of MIAX Options members should take the following steps. The Membership Department will coordinate an introductory meeting which will lay the groundwork for the Membership and Technical Onboarding Process.
Step 1 - Membership Inquiries & Forms
Send an email to Membership@MIAXOptions.com with your firm’s name, contact information and whether you are interested in joining MIAX Options as
- A Market Maker
- An Electronic Exchange Member
- Both a Market Maker and an Electronic Exchange Member
Review the following membership forms:
- Waive-in MIAX Options Member Application Form (for existing MIAX PEARL and/or MIAX Emerald Members)
- Exchange Pre-Application Survey Form
- Exchange Member Application Form
- Exchange Member Application Amendment Form
Review the following forms for Stock-Tied Complex Order participation:
- FINRA Uniform Executing Broker Agreement Form
- MIAX Options Stock-Tied Complex Order Authorization Form
- MIAX Options Stock-Tied Give Up Authorization & Guarantee Form
Review following forms for Clearing Member Restrictions:
Step 2 - Coordinate Onboarding Meeting
The MIAX Membership team will contact you to arrange an introductory meeting with the MIAX Business Development Team to discuss your firm’s goals, answer questions and to schedule an initial Technical Onboarding meeting.
Step 3 - Technical Onboarding
At the Technical Onboarding meeting, your firm will be introduced to the MIAX Onboarding team, including the MIAX Trading Operations team that will guide you through the entire onboarding process. Subject matter experts will be available to discuss network connectivity, application interfaces, functionality and operational issues. More information regarding the technical onboarding process is available here
Step 4 - Preparing to Trade
The MIAX Trading Operations team will coordinate follow-up meetings and testing with your appropriate subject matter experts as necessary until activation in the live trading environment.